What is Life Coaching?
And do you need a Life Coach?
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as: “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential”. ICF, 2008
Life coaching is focused on what clients will like to achieve and the steps they are willing to take in order to achieve their objectives. Whilst there might be a recognition of how the past impacts current thought patterns, the focus is not on the past but towards the future.
What to Expect
Working with Inspired to Soar
There are a variety of coaching techniques that yield positive outcomes for different clients - there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach. Coaching sessions are not a quick. An investment of your time and commitment are required as well as taking ownership for the attaining your goals. It is therefore important that you as a client maintain a positive outlook regardless of circumstances.
I work with those who are seeking to make lasting changes in any area of their lives in the aftermath of traumatic events. These are those who want to move from mere survival to thriving in every way. Seeking to thrive after adverse life events is not a quick fix. Rather it requires openness, willingness to take risks, commitment, tenacity and accountability. The process is like a marathon not a sprint. Just like each runner makes the choice on how to run, each client has to be prepared to own their journey towards the fulfilment of their goals. The investment in life coaching is the first step in acknowledging that life can and should be lived better. This then has to be followed through by 100% commitment to taking action.
As a life coach I am committed to ensuring that the tools are tailored to each client’s circumstances in order to achieve the best outcomes possible. I will facilitate your self-awareness and give you the framework within which to resolve the dilemmas in your life. Various methods will be used to keep you motivated till your goals are attained.
What is the Inspired To Soar framework?
The unique Inspired To Soar framework is called Navigating Your New Normal © (NYNN). We define “new normal” as: the change in perspective, outlook and day-to-day living that the trauma of any kind brings.
In the case of NYNN©, the focus is on: serious illness, injury or bereavement. NYNN© is a 7-step framework that is designed to be like a SatNav for your new normal journey.The framework will be tailored to each individual’s situation and desired results.The seminar which is based on the same NYNN© framework will give managers the tools to complement their existing policies in order to better support affected employees.
The nuts and bolts
- Prior to an Initial Session, a contract and new client questionnaire will be sent which must be completed in full and returned at least 2 days before.
- At the Initial session, which will last 2 hours, the contractual agreement will be explained and then the work begins as you are given tools to articulate your goals and dreams.
- A realistic, time-bound action plan will then be created for you to implement offering structure and clarity.
- The relevant parts of the NYNN© Framework will be used as required through the sessions. This will help you push through obstacles and negative thought patterns that hinder achievement.
- Boosting your confidence and motivating you will also be ongoing all the way through.
- Apart from the Initial Session, subsequent individual coaching sessions will last one hour each and will take place via Skype or Zoom. This will give you the flexibility as a client to be in an environment of your own choosing as well as remove any need for travel. There are no face-to-face individual sessions.
The available time slots mean that you can fit it around your lifestyle and other commitments.
The time slots for Individual Sessions are:
10am till 1pm and 5pm till 8pm
The half-day management seminars will take place on your company site. Each seminar will last three and a half hours. The available time slots are: 9.30am to 1pm OR 1pm to 4.30pm
With the exception of the Initial Session, all coaching sessions will last approximately one hour taking place once every 2-3 weeks, or longer if required.
Price packages will vary due to different individual requirements. Prices will, therefore, be agreed upon completion and return of the New Client Questionnaire.
Prices for management seminars will be discussed on a case-by-case basis subject to variables such as the number of participants, location, available facilities on site. If you will like to know more, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with those details and I will give you a quote.
Sessions are available Monday to Friday between (and including) 10.00 am and 4.00 pm, after-work/evening sessions if required.
Next Step? Arrange an Introductory Session
If you’re ready to start thriving and soaring above your challenges, send me an email at: email@example.com to request a New Client Questionnaire as outlined above.